Thursday, June 10, 2010

Mt. Pulaski, Illinois

Ok so we are in Illinois now helping another crew help set up for their camp, and so far so good. Today we actually helped prepare a site for camp week, and by prepare I mean we helped drywall two different rooms. One of these rooms was a little girl's named Olivia, which had no insulation so she would use space heaters in order to stay warm. She is really cute and it was awesome just to get to spend time with her and the other kids (singing Beiber, Cyrus, and Swift, while playing some hopscotch). God is so great, he continues to show me how rewarding serving him is, even when I get nothing out of it, physically or emotionally, he fills my cup spiritually. Just seeing the joy on the girls' faces earlier today, and the atmosphere of being with others who are serving is just incredibly encouraging. Another thing is that I am excited about how God is going to work in my crew, I pray that he opens our hearts to be more willing to listen to what he has to say to us. I'm more excited and prayerful about what is going to happen in the lives of my crewmates more than I am about mine. God is definitely going to do some amazing things this summer. Crew devo's were James 4:1-12, talking about how we should be humble, not be part of this world, and not to judge. All things that I need to work on. We also talked about not losing that spiritual "high" and that is one thing that I do not want to do. Which is why I continue to make sure my focus is God at all times. But I think that's all for now. I'm making like a narcoleptic and zzzzzz....

No comments:

Post a Comment