Monday, June 7, 2010

St. Louis (quick training thoughts)

Ok, so right now I'm in St. Louis where I'll be for tonight and tomorrow, then I'm on to Mt. Palaski (sp?), Illinois to help set up a camp there, then I'm off to Racine, Wisconsin where my first camp will be! I'm so anxious it's not even funny! But here's the real thing I wanted to talk about, which was my experiences and lessons learned from training...
First of can we just talk about how awesome the mountains were (of course we can cause it's my blog). but with that said the mountains in Colorado are one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen, and make me stand in even bigger awe of the Almighty God. I think I truly did see where Heaven meets Earth, and I think I got a small taste of what that feels like (check out pictures on facebook).
Second, lessons learned.. a) god is bigger than i could ever imagine b) we all have struggles but we should still be willing to serve c) we (as in the body of christ) are separated by many things, but are joined to together by his love and by a common will to serve him. d) life-long friends can be made at anytime. e) this summer is going to be tough in many aspects but God is going to be there to help me through it. f) probably the most important, there is no greater joy in serving the God of this universe and the people he loves so much
Third, friends that i have made... these people are amazing, and for many of them i could not see myself without them.. I am so blessed to have meet a group of people so open and so willing to serve the maker of the universe like i do. God is continuing to teach me things through them, and i pray that he never stops. I learned a lot through these people that i might not have otherwise. One of those things is that conversations until 4:30 in the morning are usually much more with it than people think, and that also goes for conversations until 2:30 or 3:30 as well.
Fourth, missing people.. I miss all of my family and friends so much, there are many problems that are going on in their lives that i wish i could help with more than just talking on the phone or text, and for that I am sorry. I wish I could be there with you guys, or that you could be here with me experiencing all of this. Just know that I love all of you and that God is there to support you even when I cannot.
Fifth and final, I ask that God keeps me focused this summer, because I am someone who loses that focus verily easily and I can see it happening a little already. So i need constant encouragement to stay focused on the one thing that really matters which is God and God alone. So with that said I am going to go to sleep so I can get up and go see a friend of mine maybe for the last time this summer :(. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment